The Michigan Rural Council is a bridge between leaders and communities that works to revitalize and enhance rural Michigan communities. The MRC connects and educates community leaders, provides expertise and advocates for policy and projects to impact rural Michigan.
Learn more about who we are and what we do in support of rural communities and development!
The MRC welcomes anyone interested in joining our work on behalf of rural communities across the state. Connect with current Rural Council members.
Benefits of being a Council Member include:
- Opportunities to participate in local and statewide trainings
- Providing input to shape a rural public policy agenda
- Sharing best practices and funding opportunities
- Connecting to similar communities in other parts of the state
Membership is extended to any organization, business, tribal entity or municipality that:
- Resides in, has a physical office location in or works as an employee or volunteer for an organization serving rural Michigan
- Endorses the Council’s mission and vision
- Commits to helping to expand network membership and/or resources
- Actively participates with the Council as needed
Individuals are encouraged to become part of the MRC via an organization in their local community that meets the above requirements. If an individual is unable to locate an organization of that nature, they are encouraged to connect through CEDAM.
To become a member of the Michigan Rural Council, please fill out this form.